|Guidelines for Distributing Travel Information at the Interstate Welcome Centers|
Here are the guidelines for distributing your tourism information in the Nebraska Tourism Division’s Interstate 80 information centers:
1. The Nebraska/Omaha Travel Information Center and Melia Hill (Ashland) are staffed March 14 to Nov. 18. The remaining centers are staffed May 18 to Sept. 30.
2. Because most centers have limited storage and display space, Nebraska tourism-related materials take precedence.
3. Keep track of how many materials you send throughout the season so you’ll have an idea how much to send the following season.
4. If you want to know how much of your literature is left at season’s end, include a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope or postcard with your initial shipment. Upon request, vacation guides will return it to you at the end of the season with an approximate number of remaining brochures.
5. Only send materials to information centers that are in your direction, not for those past your location. For example, if you are located in Kearney, you could send materials to York westbound, Melia Hill westbound, NOTIC, Sutherland westbound, and Ogallala eastbound. Do NOT send materials to any center that is not headed TOWARD your location. We simply do not have the storage or display space available for materials that are not “down the road” from you. If you have questions regarding which center(s) are appropriate for you, contact Micheal Collins (402-471-3795).
6. Please include your contact information so vacation guides can reorder materials. Also let them know if the supply you are shipping is ALL that is available for the season and if this is a new publication (old materials will be recycled due to limited storage space).
7. If you are an individual lodging property, restaurant, or other tourism-related business, brochures that do not offer a discount or coupon are rarely picked up.
8. If you have a NEW brochure, please submit it to the Tourism Division for review. Send a copy to: Micheal Collins, Nebraska Tourism, P.O. Box 98907, Lincoln, NE 68509-8907
2012 Nebraska Information Center Mailing List
NOTIC and Melia Hill are open from March 14-Nov.18, 2012. All other rest areas are open from May 18-Sept.30, 2012. Please do NOT ship materials prior to the opening dates. When sending promotional materials, please include the information center you’re sending them to on the package.
Send literature to:
Ogallala/Keith County Chamber of Commerce
North Platte/Lincoln County CVB
Gothenburg Chamber of Commerce
Kearney Visitors Bureau
York County Visitors Bureau
Melia Hill Westbound (Ashland)
Sarpy County Tourism
Sgt. Floyd Welcome Center (Sioux City)
Sergeant Floyd River Museum & Welcome Center
2012 OFFICIAL INTERSTATE 80 NEBRASKA INFORMATION CENTERS