|Application deadline approaching for Passport program|
FOR INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Shannon Peterson at 800-228-4307, 402-471-3797,
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Application deadline approaching for 2013 Nebraska Passport program
LINCOLN, NEB. (Nov. 26, 2012)—Applications for the 2013 Passport program are due by 5 p.m. Friday. Attractions, museums, water parks, galleries, bed and breakfasts, restaurants, wineries, parks and other tourism-related businesses are invited to apply.
The Passport program encourages travelers to visit attractions across the state, collect stamps at participating stops and earn prizes. Being part of the program exposes businesses and attractions to new visitors. In a follow-up survey, 98 percent of 2012 participants said they visited at least one Nebraska attraction they wouldn’t have otherwise visited because it was a Passport stop.
Last year, the 80 stops included in the program were divided into 10 special-interest tours. The number of stops and the tour categories for 2013 will be determined after the applications are submitted.
Before applying, please consider that if selected your attraction/business must:
· Provide staff to participate in mandatory program training via conference call.
· Be open regular and reasonable hours, including at least one weekend day and possible evening hours.
· Be staffed by a friendly person who will stamp passports during listed business hours and share information about things to do in your area.
· Positively promote the program by displaying materials, such as posters and passports.
· Pay a $100 participation fee if selected as a featured attraction.
· Abide by Nebraska state law that prohibits charging participants for stamps.
Applications also can be faxed to 402-471-3026 or mailed to Nebraska Tourism Commission, Passport Program, 301 Centennial Mall South, 1st Floor, Lincoln, NE 68509-8907.
# # #